Capture the beat whenever and wherever creativity strikes with PreSonus’ ATOM. An intuitive, musical, MIDI pad controller, ATOM’s dynamic, ultra-sensitive pads will give you all the expression you need, whether you’re making a beat, creating a driving synth line, or triggering sound effects and loops on the fly. Tight integration with both Studio One and Ableton Live mean that you stay inspired without missing a beat. Your focus will be off the screen and on your performance—where it matters most.
Fully bus-powered by USB, and compact enough to ride in your backpack with your laptop, ATOM is tightly integrated with Studio One and Impact XT. Impact XT is a powerful pad-style sampler with 16 pads, each with its own pitch, amplifier, and filter controls, all editable via ATOM so you can make adjustments on the fly. More than just a pad controller, ATOM also allows you to quickly add virtual instruments, change presets, create loop points, control the Studio One transport and more, allowing you to build dynamic performances and blazing fast productions.
Get in the groove.
Included with ATOM, Studio One Artist music production software enables you to compose, record, and produce without getting distracted by the tools or hemmed in with track limitations. Easy to learn and intuitive to use, Studio One’s unique drag and drop workflow and powerful tools will let you produce faster than ever before. Also included is a carefully curated loop and one-shot library custom-designed for ATOM by the hitmakers at MVP Loops. And if you need more, Studio One lets you shop, audition, and purchase new content right from your production environment.
Drop the beat.
Intuitive and easy-to-use, ATOM is more than just an expressive MIDI pad controller, it’s a production and performance controller as well. Use the velocity- and pressure-sensitive pads to play your virtual instruments live, with incredible expressiveness. Navigate your session without looking at the screen. Automate filter sweeps with four responsive knobs. Wherever inspiration takes you, ATOM lets you focus on the music.Make your own magic with Studio Magic Suite.
PreSonus includes the Studio Magic Suite of software with all audio interface products and–new for 2021–our award-winning controllers as well.
The 2021 Studio Magic includes Ableton Live Lite, tutorials from Melodics, sound libraries from Ghost Hack, 7 virtual instruments, and 9 effects plug-ins in VST, AU, and AAX formats to use in Studio One 5 Artist or your DAW of choice with a retail value of over $1000 (US)
- Trigger loops and effects and play virtual instruments with 16 full-size, velocity- and pressure-sensitive RGB pads
- 8 assignable pad banks
- MIDI Keyboard mode, Note Repeat mode, and Full Velocity mode to customize instrument control (Application dependent)
- 4 programmable rotary encoders and 20 assignable buttons, navigate and set more parameters faster
- Pressure switchable between MIDI aftertouch, channel pressure, and CC messages
- Selectable pad velocity curves and pad pressure thresholds
Studio One Integration Features
- Automatically detected by Studio One Artist, no setup required
- Navigate and choose an instrument from the Browser
- Studio One dynamically switches ATOM between Keyboard and Drum modes depending on the selected instrument
- Create a new track
- Change presets on a virtual instrument
- Change song tempo
- Set looping points
- Navigate the timeline
- Zoom in and out on the timeline or events
- Edit and quantize MIDI events
- Transport control (stop, play, record)
Ableton® Live Integration Features
- Navigate Up, Down, Left, or Right in Live's Session view in banks of 4 with ATOM's navigation buttons
- Launch clips and scenes using ATOM's Session mode
- RGB LEDs display which clips are playing or stopped and reflect each clip's assigned color
- Play virtual instruments and Live's Drum Rack device using ATOM's Note mode
- Navigate Live's mixer using ATOM's Channel mode
- Select, Solo, and Record Enable channels as well as stop all clips on a selected channel
- Knobs are used to change track volume, track panning, Sends A, and Sends B for the selected bank
- Switch between Session and Arranger views from ATOM
- Record in either Session Record or Arranger Record modes
- Dedicated User mode for custom user assignments
- Metronome On/Off, Save and Undo, Loop On/Off, and more...
NOTE: In order to utilize these features in Live, ATOM firmware must be updated to version 3.4 (released via Universal Control on November 19, 2019). Advanced integration features are only available with Ableton Live 10.1.5 or later. Modes*
- MIDI "keyboard" mode
- Note Repeat mode
- Full Velocity mode (only send velocity 127)
*May vary depending on application. Connections
- USB 2.0
- Studio One® Artist production software for Mac® and Windows®
- Ableton® Live Lite (for registered users after October 20, 2019)
- MVP Loops content custom-designed for ATOM
- Compatible with most music production and performance software for Mac and Windows
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.