Metronome Music is a Fender Custom Shop Dealer. The photos are the actual guitar you will receive and were taken 12/11/2020. This guitar has been opened and photographed. We will inspect it again prior to shipping to make sure it is 100% ready to play as soon as you receive it.
Please feel free to reach out to us with any special requests or questions. We are always happy to help!
- Serial #: CZ547583
- Weight: 7lbs 0oz
- Model: 1961 Telecaster Relic
- Model Number: 9235001151
- Body Color: Aged Olympic White
- Body Shape: Telecaster
- Body Finish: Lacquer Relic
- Neck Material: Quartersawn Maple Neck Shape: 1960 Oval "C" Fingerboard Radius: 9.5"
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fret Wire: 6105 Narrow Tall
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42.8mm)
- Headstock: Telecaster
- Neck Finish: Tinted Nitrocellulose Lacquer Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Position Inlays: Micarta White Dot
- Bridge Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound Texas Special Single-Coil Tele
- Neck Pickup:Custom Shop Hand-Wound Texas Special Single-Coil Tele
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Bridge: 3-Saddle Vintage-Style Strings-Through-Body Tele with Threaded Saddles
- Tuning Machines: Vintage Style
- Hardware: Chrome
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Mint Green Control Knobs: Knurled Chrome Strings: .10 Nickle Plated Steel
- Included Accessories: Includes optional parchment pickguard and backplate, deluxe hardshell case, strap and certificate of authenticity.
The Telecaster was in high demand in the early 1960s, with new custom colors and a flat “slab” rosewood fingerboard. Once thought to be eventually phased out after the arrival of the Jazzmaster (1958) and before the Jaguar (1962), it became clear to Fender that the Telecaster was destined to stay. After countless stage and studio appearances throughout the decades, its design purity, workhorse simplicity and distinctively snappy tone remain as vital as ever today The Time Machine 1961 Telecaster Relic honors that year’s model, with original features and a few slight modifications to improve the overall playing experience. The two-piece select alder body has a Thin Relic lacquer finish and three-ply nitro mint green pickguard. The quartersawn maple neck has a comfortable “oval-C” profile and smooth unfinished back for streamlined feel and seamless play, topped by a 9.5”-radius flat-lam rosewood fretboard with 21 narrow tall frets. Hand-wound Texas Special pickups serve up spicy hot Tele tone, and modern Tele wiring with Greasebucket tone circuit lets players roll off highs while preserving midrange tone and without adding bass. Other features include a '61 Telecaster bridge with threaded saddles, vintage-style tuning machines, bone nut and single “wing” string tree. Includes deluxe hardshell case, strap and certificate of authenticity.
FENDER CUSTOM SHOP
A Fender Custom Shop instrument is extraordinary. You know it when you play one—it’s definitely more than the sum of its parts. It’s filled with intangible, electrifying elements that add a new dimension to your playing experience. It’s as if the instrument itself is imbued with history, alive with the spirit of the place where it was built and the devotion of those who crafted it.
The Custom Shop is home to Fender’s most skilled and talented builders. It’s a bustling, noisy and creatively volcanic place that re-earns its nickname—the Dream Factory—every day. Custom Shop builders are completely dedicated to their art—part craftsman, part artist, part music fan and, more often than not, part mad scientist. They’re the best at what they do, and they pour all of their passion, hard-earned knowledge and skill into every instrument they build. It’s no ordinary place, and the creations that come from it are no ordinary instruments. This is Fender Custom Shop.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.