The very first solid-body electric guitar offered by Fender in 1950 was the Esquire. With an elegant single-cutaway silhouette, adjustable 3-saddle bridge and a lone, repurposed lap-steel pickup in the bridge position – the Esquire laid the groundwork for all solidbody electric guitars to follow and foreshadowed its more famous sibling, the Telecaster. Like the earliest Esquire models, the 70th Anniversary Esquire features a pine body – a lightweight wood known for punchy and complex tone – and upgrades it with our roasting treatment, greatly improving the resonance of the body. Other features include a lacquer finish, thick “U”-shaped neck, Tim Shaw-designed Esquire bridge pickup – inspired by an original ’50 Esquire from Songbirds Museum in Chattanooga, TN - special anniversary neck plate and tweed case. Production of the 70th Anniversary Esquire will be limited to 2020 only.
- Serial #: V2090539
- Weight: 6lbs 13oz
- Model Name: 70th Anniversary Esquire®, Maple Fingerboard, 2-Color Sunburst
- Model #: 0170532803
- Series: Limited Edition
- Country Of Origin: United States
- Color: 2-Color Sunburst
- Body: Roasted Pin
- Body Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Body Shape: Telecaster
- Neck Material: 1 Piece Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Shape: '50 Broadcaster® "U"
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard: Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 7.25" (184.1 mm)
- Number of Frets: 21
- Frets Size: Vintage Tall
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.630" (42.8 mm)
- Position Inlays: Black Dot
- Truss Rods: Bi-Flex
- Bridge Pickup: Tim Shaw Designed Esquire Bridge Pickup
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Bridge: 3-Saddle Vintage-Style Strings-Through-Body Tele with Solid Barrel Steel Saddles
- Hardware: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style
- Pickguard: 1-Ply Black Phenolic
- Control Knobs: Knurled Dome-Style
- Strings: Fender USA 250R Nickel Plated Steel (.09-.042 Gauges)
Metronome Music is a Fender Authorized Dealer. This guitar has been opened to be photographed. This guitar will be opened again and inspected prior to shipping by our technicians to make sure it is 100% ready to play as soon as you receive it.
Please feel free to reach out to us with any special requests or questions. We are always happy to help!