CONTINUUM CLEANS TO TEXAS LEADS - THIS PEDAL'S GOT IT ALL!
When it comes to Mayer-style compressed clean and lead tones, the Vertex Effects Steel String Supreme — based on serial #001 of a legendary six-figure tube amp — is the only tone shaper you'll need in your arsenal. Whether you're front-ending a stage amp with the SSS's expanded all-analog preamp, feeding a little Texas sugar into your modeling device, or even running straight into a cab IR, this pedal is guaranteed to put a smile on your face. Just like the amp it's named after, the Steel String Supreme is characterized by a fat, clean, compressed sound that absolutely marinates signals in tubelike harmonics as you ramp up the gain. The Supreme's active EQ and Bright/Deep + Rock/Jazz switches add new tone-shaping capabilities to this latest addition to the Steel String family. From subtle fattening and clean compression to full-on overdrive, the Vertex Effects Steel String Supreme is the next best thing to having a real-deal SSS in your rig.
based on the original Dumble SSS
Players like SRV, Eric Johnson, and John Mayer have all sung the praises of a rare 100-watt 6L6 blues machine that achieved legendary status in the mid-1980s. And whether its a sip of that Texas tonal flood or a return to gravity you're searching for, the Vertex Steel String Supreme — successor to the Steel String MkII and packing 500% more tone-shaping potential — faithfully captures that "SSS" (that's "Sparkle, Squish, and Saturation") magic in a pedalboard-friendly stomp.
- Based on model #001 of an original run of legendary Dumble Steel String Singer
- A true amp in a box — sounds great even direct into a cab simulator/IR loader
- Inspiring touch sensitivity, warmth, and sparkle
- Versatile Gain and Level controls make this a capable clean boost or full-on overdrive
- Active EQ, Bright/Deep switch, and Rock/Jazz switch supply plenty of tone-shaping potential
- Rugged steel housing
- Authentic D-style labels & aesthetics
- True bypass on/off switching of both Steel String & Supreme channels
- Designed & Assembled in Los Angeles, California
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.